Entertainment: 10 Books you must read
There are thousands of books to choose from and it’s almost impossible to know which ones are the most entertaining or the most meaningful. I’ve compiled a list of the 10 books that I think everyone should read.
1: Animal Farm: Animal Farm is a wonderful book. It is a satirical fable, animals live on a farm with a drunk owner. Some pigs decide to rebel and state that everyone should be equal. All of the other animals agree except for a donkey. In the end the pigs end up taking over and break all of the rules that they had established. The farm continues to become worse and in the end they created more of a mess than there was in the beginning. The point of the book is that government often manipulates innocent followers. This book can teach anyone a lot.
2: Lord of the Flies: If you haven’t already read this in high school you need to catch up. Lord of the Flies is a great read about the end of innocence.
3. Things Fall Apart: This is the perfect book if you’re looking for something about different cultures. It describes a tribe in Africa and how the „white man“ tore the tribe apart.
4. War and Peace: If you don’t mind a long book War and Peace is great, you get to examine every aspect of human life. This book may take a couple weeks to read but it’s interesting and you’ll learn a lot.
5. She’s Come Undone: This is a very powerful book about an obese woman. It covers everything from AIDS, divorce, rape, abortion, hope, love, family and friends. You’ll be thinking about this book for months after you read it.
6. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: You don’t have to be a teenage girl to enjoy this book. You’ll fall in love with all of girls and their numerous adventures.
7. Rachel’s Tears: This is the most motivating book I have ever read. It’s about a girl that died in the Columbine shooting, it includes excerpts and drawings from her diary and makes you wonder if she somehow knew about the shooting before it happened.
8. Twilight: Bella is a normal teenage girl who moves in with her dad. In the new town she falls for a boy named Edward, only to later find out that he is a vampire. There are four books to the set and all of them are easy reads that teenagers or sci-fi fans would find entertaining.
9. Heart of Darkness: This is a great book about a guy named Marlow and everything that he goes through. This book will keep you on your toes while reading.
10. Beowulf: Beowulf is an epic poem about a hero that saves a town by killing different monsters. It’s a great book about good triumphing evil and is very uplifting.